Start Times for Robbinsdale Schools to Change in 2022-2023
The Robbinsdale School Board recently voted when school start time changes will take effect.
Board members have been discussing the change for awhile, with a goal of shifting high schools to a later start time while minimizing transportation costs. The new changes will begin for the 2022-2023 school year.
The scenario that the board chose involves three tiers. It has 123 bus routes and would save the district $53,000.
High school start times will move from 7:20 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., middle schools will shift from 8 a.m. to 9:15 a.m., while most elementary schools will start earlier, moving from 9:25 a.m. to 8 a.m.
Precise Breakdown of Class Times
- Elementary schools will hold classes from 8 a.m. to 2:20 p.m., with the exception of Robbinsdale Spanish Immersion (RSI), the School of Engineering and the Arts (SEA) and FAIR Pilgrim Lane.
- RSI and the SEA school will have classes from 9:20 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
- FAIR Pilgrim Lane will be from 8:05 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Middle schools will run from 9:15 a.m. to 4 p.m., with FAIR Crystal running from 8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- High schools will go from 8:30 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
You can learn more about the changes and the decisions behind them on the Robbinsdale district website.