New Hope Plans Expansion For Public Works Garage
The city of New Hope is planning an expansion of its public works central garage.
The New Hope Planning Commission recommended approval of a 20,000 square-foot addition to the garage. It would be built south of the existing building and would house several vehicles and equipment. You can read the full agenda packet item here.
Cost estimates for the project are in the “$6 million” range said Dan Boyum, New Hope city engineer. “The city has been putting away money for this for several years, so they aren’t planning on doing any bonding.”
This is Phase 2 (of 2) of the Public Works Expansion, which is expected to include:
- Public Works Facility expansion with approximately 20,000 square feet of new garage/equipment storage.
- Renovation of the existing garage/equipment storage space to improve vehicle circulation and equipment storage.
- Provide a new fuel dispensing system for diesel fuel and unleaded gasoline adjacent to the new garage/equipment storage addition.
- Security improvements both inside and out at the building expansion.
- Pavement replacement and site improvements on the remaining areas not addressed with the Phase 1 improvements.
The city started expansion work on the public works facility in 2021. See that story here.