Maple Grove Curfew Extended
The Maple Grove city council approved a resolution that declares a local emergency and extends the curfew to Monday and Tuesday nights. The measure is consistent to the curfews in other suburbs.
Full Release below:
At the Maple Grove Council meeting tonight, the City Council approved a resolution that declares a local emergency and extends the previously implemented curfew in all public places within the City of Maple Grove:
• 10 p.m. – Monday, June 1, to 4 a.m. on Tuesday, June 2
• 10 p.m. – Tuesday, June 2, to 4 a.m. on Wednesday, June 3
1) During the curfew, all persons must not travel, either on foot or in any vehicle or conveyance, on any public street or in any public place.
2) All law enforcement, fire, and medical personnel and Minnesota National Guard personnel are exempt. Individuals traveling directly to and from work, seeking emergency care, fleeing dangerous circumstances, or experiencing homelessness are exempt. Media providing coverage of the civil unrest or response to the curfew provisions are exempt.
3) An individual who willfully violates the curfew provisions of this declaration is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be punished by a fine not to exceed $1,000 or imprisonment of not more than 90 days.
As mentioned previously, we appreciate your sharing this action through your channels. A copy of the resolution will be available tomorrow after formal execution. Please let me know if you would like a copy or if you have any question.