Crystal Fire Displaces Family, Badly Damages Home
A fire badly damaged a home in Crystal Wednesday night. Authorities say the home is no longer livable.
Firefighters were called to the home shortly before 8 p.m. Wednesday in the 4800 of Hampshire Ave. N. Firefighters from the West Metro Fire-Rescue District and other departments were able to get the fire under control quickly, preventing damage to the neighboring houses, authorities said. Everyone inside made it out safely.
Authorities say the fire appears to have started on the kitchen stove. They say it serves as an important reminder of being careful when cooking with grease.
The Red Cross is assisting the family with shelter.