20 Schools in NW Suburbs Report At Least Five COVID-19 Cases
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) updated Thursday its list of schools impacted by COVID-19. That number continues to rise.
MDH added seven schools in the CCX News viewing area that reported five or more coronavirus infections over a two-week period. The total in the northwest suburbs now stands at 20.
Schools with five or more cases include:
- Armstrong High School
- Benilde-St. Margaret’s
- Brooklyn Middle School
- Brooklyn Center Elementary
- Champlin Park High School
- Cooper High School
- Fernbrook Elementary, Maple Grove
- Jackson Middle, Champlin
- Maple Grove Middle School
- Maple Grove High School
- Maranatha Christian, Brooklyn Park
- Oxbow Creek Elementary, Brooklyn Park
- Park Center HS
- Parnassus Preparatory, Maple Grove
- Providence Academy, Plymouth
- Rice Lake Elementary, Maple Grove
- Robbinsdale Spanish Immersion, New Hope
- Wayzata High School
- Weaver Lake Elementary, Maple Grove
- Woodland Elementary, Brooklyn Park
Schools are removed from the list once there are no new infections over a four-week period.
COVID-19 Test Positivity Rate at 7.5%
The state’s average test positivity rate has climbed to 7.5 percent, as of Sept. 29, well above the state’s caution threshold of 5 percent. The rate is the highest since April 8.
The Department of Health also reported 72 deaths over the last two days. One of them reported Thursday was a person in their 30s from Anoka County.