Golden Valley Warns to Stay Away From Power Lines
The Golden Valley Fire Department is warning people about a scary and potentially dangerous situation. The fire department got a call Thursday about power lines that were sparking and smoking near a home in the 1300 block of Florida Avenue North. You could see the smoke coming off the power line. The power pole eventually caught fire.
The fire chief says the power lines were running through overgrown trees. He says those lines got tangled up and started an electrical short in the power lines which lead to a power line fire.
“We had people trying to drive to the area and walk. We had to shut the road down,” said Golden Valley Fire Chief John Crelly. “If you become aware, see snapping and popping and smoking power lines that are not normal, stay clear of that, because that’s hazardous. “
Golden Valley firefighters had to wait for Xcel Energy to kill the electricity before they put out the fire. If you see a smoking or snapping line or a power line fire, stay away from it and call 9-1-1.
Find more CCX News Top Stories Here