CCX Create 2023 Board of Directors Election
Filing deadline: Friday, October 28, 2022
CCX Media will hold an election this November to fill one seat on its Board of Directors. The open seat is for a two-year term which begins February 16, 2023.
The Board of Directors sets policies, adopts a budget, and oversees the overall operation of CCX Media. The Board of Directors meets quarterly on the third Thursday of the month at 7:30am.
The time commitment expected from a create board of director representative includes:
Participate in quarterly board meetings
Assist with CCX Create Staff on event planning
Participate in quarterly meet-up events (gathering of Create producers and Create staff to discuss equipment, programming, training, and other topics).
It is expected that elected members will be present at all of these events unless an emergency makes it not possible
To become a candidate for the Board of Directors you must:
1. Be a resident of one of the nine communities served by CCX Media.
2. Be a member of CCX Media.
3. Must be a member of CCX Create for at least 6 months
4. Must be an active member (participated in at least 6 productions in the last 6 months)
5. Be at least 18 years old by October 28, 2022.
6. File as a candidate by providing a candidate’s profile to CCX Media no later than Friday, October 28, 2022
All candidates must provide a written profile of 300 words or less. The profile should describe the candidate’s involvement with CCX Media and state the candidate’s view on why they feel they can contribute to the success of CCX Media. The profile, along with a photo will be displayed at the studio during the election. Please submit your profile to email@example.com no later than Friday, October 28, 2022.
Election rules and procedures shall be as follows:
1. Official ballots will be sent to your email via Constant Contact Tuesday, November 8, 2022. CCX Create will provide the option to cast your vote in person and or through constant contact. Voting will take place November 8-22, 2022.
2. To vote, you must be a member of CCX Media.
3. Members may only vote once. Votes for write-in candidates are not allowed and will not be counted.
4. All balloting will be secret and in case of a tie, a runoff election will be held within one week to resolve the tie between candidates. Nominations will not be reopened